16 February 2009

Elizabeth Wong's statement


Monday, 16 February 2009 21:06
I was informed on Friday, Feb 13, 2009 by journalists from The Malay Mail that they have in their possession intimate photos of myself and that the newspaper will be publishing a story about these photographs.
I was told that some people are trying to distribute photos/ videos showing me asleep in partial nudity and also in intimate positions.
The distribution and publication of these photos/ video is a malicious attack on my personality. This constitutes a gross outrage on my modesty, a gross invasion of my privacy, and in particular the sanctity of my personal life. It is being done by unscrupulous persons to embarrass and discredit me?
I am a victim in this incident.
I have yesterday lodged a police report in relation to this matter and I will fully cooperate with the police in their investigation. I will therefore not speculate publicly about those responsible for this gross invasion of my privacy.
I have received a lot of support from my supporters, friends, colleagues and members of my constituency. I wish to thank them for their concern, support and encouragement.
My family members are standing behind me. I would like to appeal to the media to give me and my family members some breathing space in this trying time so that I can weather this huge challenge.
I will in the meantime continue to carry out my task of serving the people of Selangor faithfully.
Elizabeth WongBukit Lanjan assemblypersonExco for Tourism, Environment and Consumer Affairs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts : Dr Siti Mariah

Popular Posts

Artikal pilihan hari ini